Location: Oshkosh, WI
Name: Andrew Ingebrigtson
Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Generac is seeking a Quality Engineer.
The Quality Engineer will work with suppliers and personnel to improve quality systems and performance. This position is responsible for ensuring that suppliers meet quality expectations and for planning, coordinating, and executing the incoming inspection, quarantine and disposition of product. The Quality Engineer works closely with cross-functional teams to keep product flowing successfully. This position reports directly to the Quality Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Generac sourcing, purchasing and corporate quality personnel with the establishment of supplier expectations and objectives.
- Assist Quality Manager and purchasing team with the resolution of supplier quality issues.
- Direct the overall execution of internal product audits and nonconformance resolution. Support problem solving at the plant and supplier levels.
- Support Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). Help manage the qualification of new parts through the NPI process (APQP).
- Coordinate supplier quality, rework and scrap data acquisition to feed Cost of Quality Metrics.
- Conduct audits/assessments of processes and quality systems (ISO, internal audit, etc).
- Gather and analyze product data and use the data to support improvement initiatives to reduce the potential for defects.
- Provide direction and assistance to the Quality Leads for prioritizing inspection tasks.
- Develop and modify inspection sampling plans based on supplier performance.
- Assist with the identification and traceability of product.
- Ensure test/ inspection integrity (MSA/ GR&R).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing OR 8 years related experience in the Operations function within a similar working environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PPAP procedures, APQP (Control Plan & PFMEA), PPAP and ISO standards/principles;
- Experience using continuous improvement tool set;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaborative work teams to drive improvements;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the application and interpretation of manufacturing/quality metrics;
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time to domestic suppliers;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SAP business systems.
- Certified Quality Engineer or Technician;
- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment utilizing APQP Methodologies;
- Previous experience working in Quality Assurance.