Location: Gainesville, FL, FL
Hammes Company comprises a team of accomplished professionals with deep industry and functional expertise. The company assists a full spectrum of healthcare clients by advising, implementing and managing key strategies and solutions that build high-performing organizations. Hammes Company is recognized by leading healthcare providers and industry insiders as one of the most trusted providers of consulting services in the United States. The company currently serves health systems, hospitals, physician groups and payers. Hammes Company is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis. and provides services through a network of regional offices strategically located across the country. For more information, please visit www.hammesco.com.
The Project Executive will be responsible for the execution of all aspects of assigned healthcare projects. The individual would have a strong understanding of all aspects of the development process and a strong track record as a project manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assists partners, planners and associates in performing project feasibility analysis.
- Leads the A/E qualification, selection and contract negotiations.
- Leads the qualification, selection and contract negotiations for other team consultant members.
- Reviews, negotiates and approves A/E and consultant additional work requests.
- Supervises the programming and planning efforts of the selected architect.
- Performs site analysis and investigations.
- Develops and maintains detailed development budgets and schedules.
- Obtains required project public approvals (CON, Zoning, Annexation, Site Plan Approval, Wetlands, other Processes).
- Provides design direction and managing the overall design process.
- Reviews design development and construction documents to determine adequacy.
- Leads the GC or CM qualifications, selection and contract negotiations.
- Evaluates the adequacy of all construction allowances, contingencies and general conditions.
- Provides construction administration in adherence with the Company’s policies and procedure manuals including the Facility Development Project Manual.
- Reviews and negotiates GC or CM change order requests.
- Monitors the GC or CM performance for areas of potential risk.
- Coordinates physician office suite development.
- Provides project cost control and preparing monthly budget reports and invoicing.
- Coordinates the selection, procurement, delivery and installation of medical and other equipment, signage and furniture.
- Prepares monthly reports to clients.
- Creates project overview and status report presentations for clients’ administration, Board and Board Committees.
- Promote the services of the Company through thought leadership, speaking engagements, client leadership and/or business development efforts.
- Collaborates with others within the Company to reach client goals and objectives as well as overall Company success.
- Uses e-Builder software throughout the project.
- Embraces the Company’s culture and works collaboratively with others to reach business goals and objectives.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job successfully.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive healthcare development project management experience including projects in the range of $50-$100 million.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of performance leading planning, design, preconstruction, contract negotiations, cost control, scheduling, and team coordination activities.
- Excellent project budgeting, contract negotiations, and scheduling skills are essential for success in this position.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to analyze data to the client and team to achieve project goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal healthcare clients.
- Strong ability to multitask, work independently and manage all aspects of a construction projects effectively and efficiently.
- Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Windows application. E-Builder experience is strongly preferred.