Senior Grails Developer
Location: Columbus, OH
Senior Grails Developer. We have a contract need in Columbus, Ohio for a Senior Grails Developer who will be a key member in the Information Technology organization which is responsible for the development and support of software applications. The Senior Developer/Analyst will have a key role in mentoring staff members and communicating with the business community and team members.
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- 70% Coding of new software applications and/or the modification of existing software applications. This will entail the review and understanding of project scope, requirements, project design and the IT development life cycle.
- 20% Analysis (scope and requirements) and Design. The individual will also have involvement with requirements gathering, documenting requirements and design creation. This may include leading (guiding and mentoring) a team of developers in the design phase.
- 10% Interaction\communication with business users and team members. Will be required to communicate with business users regarding requirements, design reviews and prototype presentations.
Additional supporting information:
- May participate in technical design for projects.
- May provide technical assistance with environment setup\configuration.
- Review prototypes.
- Provide technical mentoring.
- Assist Project Manager in finalizing project schedule.
- Will be involved with several projects at one time in regards to design and support.
- Will NOT manage people.
- Assist in technical direction for the project and ensure technical quality of the code delivered.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Related Work Experience: 6-8 years
Excellent technical knowledge and considerable development experience with the following:
- Designing and building reusable service APIs
- Java JDK 8, Grails 3 and Groovy
- RESTful Services and JSON
Considerable experience with the following tools/technologies or equivalent:
- Java EE, JPA, Hibernate, Gradle and Spring
- Tomcat 8 and WebSphere Application Servers
- Knowledge of relational database structure and design in Oracle including the ability to create and understand SQL queries
- Cloud Data Services Development (AWS or Azure)
- Docker and Chef
- Agile Development Process
- Creation of unit and integration tests for robust, secure and maintainable code.
- Understand security requirements for creating applications that maintain data and transactions safely (E.g. OAuth and OpenID Connect)