Automation Project Engineer
Location: Cleveland, OH
Pay: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 /Year
Name: Rusty Kubis
Automation Project Engineer (Direct Hire)
Description for Automation Project Engineer:
Responsible for the supporting the integration of AWTP’s smart manufacturing strategy to include planning, budgeting, and execution of automation systems within the manufacturing processes.
Responsibilities for Automation Project Engineer:
- Originate, develop, and execute targeted automation projects to meet location and process goals for productivity and/ or cost reduction. Performing and/or directing the design, development, installation, cost control, and evaluation of complex engineering projects and act as lead to project resources as needed;
- Provide specialized technical expertise in the application and use of material handling, control, and automation technology for plant facilities and processes;
- Provide engineering innovations that will increase reliability and availability of the plant facilities, while maintaining or improving the overall safety of the plant’s equipment and processes;
- Work closely with Production, Planning and other departments (Purchasing, Maintenance, or outside vendors) to plan work activities;
- Stay in tune with the latest technologies (electrical, controls and automation engineering), and research “state-of-the-art” applications to understand how to integrate efficiently and effectively;
- Keep up with various software programs, robots, CAD systems, and PLC’s. Experience integrating devices using the latest common or proprietary protocols.
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Possess a solid understanding of computer programming and software development;
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests;
- Possess Strong communication skills;
- Continuing to learn the craft of mechanical, electrical, controls and automation engineering, researching “state-of-the-art” and how it could be utilized on the manufacturing floor.
Requirements for Automation Project Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an automation and / or controls position;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an automation and / or controls position.