Process Quality Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 /Year
Name: Rusty Kubis
Process Quality Engineer (Direct Hire)
Looking for a Process Quality Engineer with high aptitude and energy to implement quality system best practices in the manufacturing area. This position supports the organization by improving the production process controls and outcomes. This position will help the Director of Product Excellence re-design, implement, and sustain the following processes: product NCR process, internal corrective action, PFMEA, control plan and inspection, first articles, and traceability.
The person who holds this position must have the abilities and experience to develop quality system processes. This includes experience with internal auditing, metrics management, correction and corrective action process implementation and/or sustaining experience. Key knowledge and experience needed for this position includes PFMEA, control plans, statistical process control and capability analysis, inspection process, TPS Lean concepts, manufacturing process support, and coordinating and leading activities with manufacturing and project management personnel. This position reports to the Director of Product Excellence.
Role & Responsibilities:
- The over-all goal of this position is to reduce the non-conformance rate and repeat quality issues that occur in our manufacturing, inventory management, and shipping processes.
- Facilitate lean daily management efforts and problem-solving projects for top occurrence non-conformances and ensure internal corrective actions, and NCR are logged, prioritized, and completed on time.
- Design, implement, and sustain inspection, non-conformance, corrective action, and product quality monitoring and measurement processes. This includes developing procedures, work instructions, PFMEA’s, and control plans; conducting training; and auditing implemented processes.
- Work with new product development, business analysts, and manufacturing engineering on the establishment of key metrics for process and product monitoring and measurement
- Enforce process adherence through QMS auditing, process management, employee training, and the non-conformance and problem-solving processes.
- Collaborate with the Director of Product Excellence, other Quality Engineers, and other departments to formulate tactical and strategic system improvement plans.
- Problem Solving –Knowledge and ability to solve problems using corrective actions processes, non-conformance processes, and containment processes.
- Knowledge and ability to use and implement inspection plans, control plans, PFMEA, use of specifications and drawings, and trend or control charting. Some experience with control charts, Pareto analysis, statistical analysis, and cost of quality, and ISO quality management systems.
- Ingenuity and aptitude - ability to apply old knowledge to new problems and ability to obtain new knowledge and apply it.
- Persuasive Communication - Skilled at both oral and written communication that can influence others.
- Autonomous/ Initiative: Ability to take action and make decisions on tactical work without detailed direction, the desire to take charge of a situation and own the result.
- Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one can be perceived as responsible, reliable and trustworthy.
- Self-Discipline: Establishing and maintain focus. Ability to develop and communicate a plan of action and see it through to completion
- Self-aware: The understanding and knowledge of who you are, including your skills, values, interests, behaviors, and character; relative to organizational needs and expectations
- Collaboration: ability to forge relationships with coworkers and align on the best decision.
- The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor Degree in Engineering from an accredited program and 5 years of experience and achievement working for a manufacturing organization as a quality engineer. Similar roles and work experience will be considered.
- Working knowledge and experience with quality system and process standards; including ISO9001, AS9100, or ISO16949 quality management systems and AIAG or AS9145 Advance Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process.
- Computer proficiency--Expert level skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and beginner to intermediate skills for Access, Project, and Visio. Minitab working knowledge.
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing principles or Six Sigma green or black belt is desirable. Ability to become ASQ CQE certified without extensive additional training is also desirable.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- The person in this position should possess highly disciplined personal work management behaviors and take ownership of the processes and staff that they lead.
- Display professional demeanor, good judgement, and leadership. Must be highly self-motivated to succeed and drive improvement with the ability to work independently and in a team environment, and see all work through to completion.
- Must be able to provide to participate in a highly collaborative and creative communication relationship with their immediate manager and work together to achieve results. Must have the personality to run meetings and appropriately motivate others to action and collaboration.
- Expert bi-lingual speaking and writing in English and Spanish is desirable, but not required.
- Expert speaking and writing in English is required.