Nurse RN or LPN
Nurse, Health Care
At least 1 year(s)
The Arbors at Shelburne is a senior living community dedicated exclusively to memory care. For over 22 years, The Arbors has been the top employer for professionals working in the senior living industry in Vermont.
We are currently looking for a part time nurse who can work every other Monday on our day shift and per diem in our Resident Care Department. We offer weekend and shift differentials.
• Directs and supervises the daily work assignments of the Resident Care Assistants
• Is the first point of contact for the care associates regarding assignment questions or concerns.
• Participates in the hiring and termination processes as they relate to resident care associates.
• Has direct input into performance reviews for care associates and presents reviews with the DON
• Has direct input into disciplinary documentation for care associates and presents action with the DON
• Closely mentors, guides and directs the Lead Resident Care Assistants in all aspects of their job.
• Coordinates care needs with community providers via an effective case management process
• Measures and accurately records vital signs (temperatures, pulse, respiration, blood pressure weight and height) where appropriate as per state regulations
• Effectively balances service demands with supporting resident independence
• Accurately assesses, communicates, and documents residents’ status
• Observes and reports any significant changes in resident behavior and health to the DON, physician, family, RCA’s, and Executive Director per state regulations
• Successfully implements the plan of care
• Recognizes and assists in the prevention of elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation (financial and other) and reports to appropriate sources per state regulations
• Responds to emergencies and personal emergency response system and knows when to call for backup • Effectively handles difficult resident behaviors
• Reacts calmly and effectively in emergency situations
EDUCATION: Graduate of an approved R.N or L.P.N. program (per state requirements).
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience working as a nurse preferred.
Previous experience working with the elderly in a paid or volunteer position highly desirable.
CERTIFICATION: Current Vermont state license as an R.N. or L.P.N. (as required by state regulation)
- Strong Associate/Team Based Culture
For your privacy and protection, when applying for a job online, it is advisable not to:
- Provide your social security number to a prospective employer,
- Provide credit card or bank account information or
- Perform any sort of monetary transaction.
To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.