Engineering, Manufacturing, Skilled Labor - Trades
At least 3 year(s)
Elite Staffing, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our policy of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train and promote persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap or any other protected status.
II. SUMMARY: Perform a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks in accordance to skill level, while learning to maintain, repair and install electrical or electronic equipment and systems. Electricians are assigned very routine functions at the commencement of their apprenticeship; as the program progresses and their knowledge of the trade increases and skills are developed, assignments become more difficult requiring employees to use progressively more judgment in the performance of work.
III. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Additional duties may be assigned as needed.)
• Assist a skilled Electrician by supplying materials, equipment, and tools at the scene of jobs;
• Participate in stringing overhead wires and cables and in installing underground conduit and wire;
• Participate as a trainee in the installation, maintenance, and repair of wiring systems and other electrical fixtures and electric or electronic equipment;
• Perform less difficult or routine installations and repairs of motors and generators, replaces brushes, bearings, and makes connections and terminations.
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
IV. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Learn the practices, methods, tools, materials, and equipment of the Electrician's trade.
• Learn to read and draw simple electrical sketches.
• Learn the occupational hazards of the Electrician's trade and necessary safety precautions.<
• Learn electronic theory and terminology.
• Perform assigned tasks with a minimum of supervision.
• Perform heavy manual labor requiring manual dexterity under varying weather conditions.
• Work cooperatively with others.
• Understand and follow written and oral instructions in the English language.
• Perceives the full range of the color spectrum (Example: working with electrical wires).
• Measures distance using a tape measure.
• Perform physical inventory of materials.
• Observes, compare, or monitor data to determine compliance with prescribed operating or safety standards.
• Use calibrated instruments to measure electrical current and voltages.
• Draw, interpret and read graphic instructions such as blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts, or other visual aids.
• Install, replace, or adjust light bulbs, belts, or similar objects.
• Comprehend and make inferences from written material.
• Make precise arm-hand positioning movements and maintains static arm-hand position (Example: operating an electric hand drill).
• Makes continuous or repetitive hand-wrist movements (Example: using a screw driver).
• Make skillful, controlled manipulations of small objects (Examples: assembles pegs, washers, collar units and inserts them into a small hole).
• Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time.
• Lift arms above shoulder level (Example: working on ceiling wiring system).
• Work in small cramped areas.
• Climb or raise up to reach objects above eye level.
• Works at heights greater than ten feet (Example: working in a bucket truck or on a ladder).
• Operate power driven machinery such as roto-hammers, bandsaws, drill presses, or welders).
• Move heavy objects (50 pounds or more) long distances (more than 20 feet).
• Use common hand tools, such as hammers, saws, screwdrivers, or similar tools.
• Push or pull cart loaded with equipment.
1. Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
• Must be able to pass a Math and Reading Comprehension with at least a 70%
V. PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
1. Good Attendance
4. Problem solving
6. Positive Attitude
9. Open to Change
For your privacy and protection, when applying for a job online, it is advisable not to:
- Provide your social security number to a prospective employer,
- Provide credit card or bank account information or
- Perform any sort of monetary transaction.
To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.