1698476 - JR. ACCOUNTANT - KNOXVILLE, TN
Accounting/Finance Temp Assignment - Alcoa Global Primary Products
Position Description: The finance/accounting intern position is within GPP (Global Primary Products) Business Unit and supports the Finance Manager for Alcoa Steamship. The role works in various aspects of accounting/finance including accounts payable, accounts receivable, management reporting, and auditing. The position allows for the intern to be exposed to Alcoa Business Systems such as Oracle ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software, Hyperion consolidation and forecast planning software, SharePoint file sharing software, and IMOS (Integrated Maritime Operations Software) designed for monitoring the maritime industry. In addition, this position highly utilizes Microsoft Excel including advanced formulas and functions.
• Perform accounts payable function, including supplier setup and posting transactions
• Perform accounts receivable function, including validation and analysis of shipment/invoicing activity
• Support the monthly closing process
• Support preparation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly forecasts and plans
• Support self assessment process to ensure strong internal control
The ideal candidate will possess excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Coupled with a desire to build a strong understanding of the business, the individual must be proactive in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Regarding education, it is preferred that candidate have majors in either Accounting or Finance.
For your privacy and protection, when applying for a job online, it is advisable not to:
- Provide your social security number to a prospective employer,
- Provide credit card or bank account information or
- Perform any sort of monetary transaction.
To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.