Research Assistants - Baltimore, MD
Headway Corporate Resources, on behalf of Research Triangle Institute, is currently seeking Research Assistants for a research study in the Baltimore, MD area.
Overview of Position:
The study RTI is seeking Research Assistants for is entitled Transdisciplinary Approach to Understanding Variability in Prevention Intervention Outcomes. This is a schools-based research study recruiting kindergartners and their guardians. Research Assistants will coordinate with school administrators, teachers, and project trainers; schedule children for testing; and administer neurocognitive tasks; and monitor physiological responses. The research sites will be elementary schools in Baltimore, Maryland area.
This is a part time position without a set schedule. Testing will occur during the fall and spring school semesters over a 4 year time period; during that time, the RA’s schedule will be very intensive throughout the course of the school day. It is expected that in between fall and spring testing periods weekly hours will vary contingent upon the study demands; some weeks may be close to full time while others in between testing periods may be only 10 hours per week. On average RAs will work 15-20 hours per week.
Research Assistant’s duties will include (however the level of commitment to each task will fluctuate as a function of the phase of research):
1) Recruiting participants (30%)
2) Testing participants and coding and scoring tests (50%)
3) Data entry, processing, and quality assurance (20%)
- BA in Psychology or related field,
- Experience running psychological tests with very young children
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
For your privacy and protection, when applying for a job online, it is advisable not to:
- Provide your social security number to a prospective employer,
- Provide credit card or bank account information or
- Perform any sort of monetary transaction.
To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.