Food 4 Less Warehouse Stores
Foods Co Warehouse Stores
Food 4 Less and Foods Co Warehouse Stores are price impact warehouse formats and operate 147 exciting stores in Nevada, Illinois, Indiana and throughout the State of California.
Food 4 Less and Foods Co members interested in management positions must utilize the Company’s “Declaration of Interest" process to communicate their career advancement interests. Experienced and qualified associates in other Kroger divisions who are interested in joining our store management team must meet the following qualifications:
The Store Manager is first and foremost, the leader of the store team, responsible for the complete operation of the store, particularly achieving forecast profit results, maintaining all Company standards and procedures, and controlling expenses.
- The Store Manager, in conjunction with the District Manager, shall be responsible for the hiring, transfer, promotion (in accordance with Equal Employment Opportunities Guidelines), training, development, evaluation, demotion, and termination of all members under their jurisdiction.
- Responsible for compliance with Company standards by all members under their jurisdiction as they apply to dress and demeanor, customer relations and performance of duties, and take appropriate progressive discipline to encourage compliance to all Company policies and rules.
- Prepares annual merit reviews for each member in the store and provides both positive and negative feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Directly responsible for the morale of the members in his/her store.
- Interacts with local union representative and takes up any matters of conflict on this subject with his/her District Manager and/or the Labor Relations Department.
- Provides adequate direction and motivation for all members assigned to that location. In this regard, important Company programs involving Marketing and Sales oriented promotion and policy/procedure changes should be communicated on a regular basis to all Key personnel and department heads.
- Accountable for the store’s sales volume insofar as volume is affected by controllable factors.
- Responsible for the merchandising of all products in the store and carrying out the plans and programs of the Marketing Department in all departments within the store. Personal initiative should also be expected in displaying and merchandising products in every department as well as merchandising products that are demanded by customers due to specific market demographics.
- Responsible for the gross profit of all departments in the store insofar as items affecting gross profit are controllable by the Manager. This includes such items as proper recording of all sales, proper receipt of all merchandise, utilization of all available Accounting reports (e.g., audit trail), security programs to eliminate pilferage by customers and store members, and improvement of gross profit through better control and merchandising.
- Controls all store expenses at Manager level. Strives to keep their expenses within the departmental forecasts set forth by management and labor scheduling programs and be prepared to account to the District Manager for any expenses that are not consistent with forecasted figures.
- Accountable for the preservation of Company property (building, fixtures, merchandise and cash) within the store.
- Prepares and transmits all Accounting reports prepared in the store, including reports on all phases of store activities, movement of products, cash accounting, etc.
- Ensures proper payroll documentation and processing are followed.
- Complies with Company policies and standards within the store as well as governmental regulations.
- Creates proper Company image by ensuring that all store members are properly trained in customer relations (e.g., empowerment). Involved in the affairs of the local community as they relate to their store.
- Hires and promotes members to meet the needs of business or complying to our Company EEO Program.
- Responsible for the overall operations of the store including staffing the store, maintenance and housekeeping, ordering, safety, space allocation and price integrity.
- Keeps the District Manager advised of competitor’s ads, promotions, new store openings, advertising results and special promotions.
For your privacy and protection, when applying for a job online, it is advisable not to:
- Provide your social security number to a prospective employer,
- Provide credit card or bank account information or
- Perform any sort of monetary transaction.
To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.