This territory encompasses certain areas in: CO, IA, MN, MT, ND, NE, SD, WY, Manitoba, Saskatchewan.
Acting on behalf of over 53 million AAA members, inspectors are self-motivated, highly creative and detail-oriented travel experts. They have experience within the hospitality industry and clearly display a passion for food and travel. Working remotely, inspectors routinely collect/create travel information and perform standardized onsite assessments of lodgings, restaurants and attractions for potential AAA Approval, Diamond Rating and listing in AAA Publishing products. They contribute additional key content through the use of photography, by developing narrative prose for AAA publications and by providing expert commentary for travel blogs and public relation projects. Inspectors must demonstrate an aptitude for, and understanding of, the latest digital technology relating to standard business practices, communication and social media concepts and applications. They must be willing to travel on extended trips away from home if required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects, designates and reports the approval status, classification and rating for lodgings, restaurants and attractions throughout North America. Measures compliance levels for cleanliness, physical condition and customer service. Gathers information and analyzes a wide variety of data regarding each property, submits reports; advises property operators about the status of their facility pertaining to AAA policies and procedures. Takes photographs of all areas in support of their recommendation or for AAA Publishing purposes. (60%)
- Creates descriptive property prose for AAA publications. Contributes written expert insight and recommendations to the AAA Travelviews blog, Inspector Pick projects, Twitter and other social media or public relation efforts. (20%)
- Performs additional tasks including but not limited to: (10%)
- Develops and maintains territory coverage schedule and overall management of territory, or out-of-territory assignments. Completes all evaluations according to production deadlines.
- Maintains digital files on all properties as required.
- Completes expense reports, weekly work summaries and all other administrative tasks by assigned deadlines.
- Investigates member complaints; takes/recommends appropriate action.
- Provides AAA Account Managers key and timely information necessary to support revenue generating efforts including, but not limited to new listing leads or changes in property status.
- Reports all unauthorized use of the AAA trademark.
- Communicates with AAA/CAA clubs, National Office staff and hospitality industry contacts. Promotes a greater understanding of the AAA Diamond Rating Process through presentations and consultations on an as needed basis. May represent AAA at industry meetings, seminars or tradeshows as assigned. (5%)
- Provides suggestions and input to improve the Diamond Rating Process and overall workplace. Participates in departmental task forces and other committees, as needed. (5%)