Join our team at ACTS Retirement-Life Communities! ACTS has been setting the standard for excellence in senior retirement living since 1972, with a vision founded in faith and guided by a commitment to integrity and loving kindness.
Provides direct resident care; follows established policies and procedures while providing care and respecting confidentiality at all times; complements care of the resident area with other facility personnel, such as food service, housekeeping and activities.
Essential Job Functions
• Assists residents with bathing, dressing, making beds and other daily tasks as needed.
• Assists residents with self administration of medications as necessary, under the direction of the Resident Nurse.
• Assists resident with menu selection and serves meal waitress style working with the Diet Aide.
• Observes and reports all physical and emotional changes in residents to supervisor.
• Answers signal lights, bells, or intercom system to determine residents' needs.
• Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates as directed.
• Transports residents, using wheelchair or assists residents to walk.
• Collects samples, such as urine, stool and sputum from residents for testing.
• Follows established guidelines and performs duties per the Nursing Policy and Procedure Manual.
• Identifies safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action immediately.
• Attends mandatory education programs and in-services.
• Assists new Employees in following established policies and procedures and learning job duties.
• Performs other duties as assigned.