Join our team at Acts Retirement-Life Communities! Acts has been setting the standard for excellence in senior retirement living since 1972, with a vision founded in faith and guided by a commitment to integrity and loving kindness.
To provide quality personal care and maintenance of a clean, safe environment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists with or provides personal care services as assigned by the registered nurse, to include:
a. Bedbath, sponge, tub or shower
b. Shampoo - sink, tub/shower, or bed
c. Nail (no cutting) and skin care
d. Oral hygiene
f. Safe transfer techniques and ambulation
g. Normal range-of-motion and positioning
j. Toileting (bed pan, commode or toilet)
2. Other activities as taught by a health professional, to include:
a. Measuring and preparing special diets
b. Measuring intake and output of fluids
c. Reinforcement of a dressing
d. Assisting with the use of devices for ADL’s such as a wheelchair or walker
e. Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
f. Assisting with prescribed ice cap or collar
g. Assisting with the change of a colostomy bag
h. Taking and recording temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure and weight
3. Keeps records of personal health care activities.
4. Observes appearance and gross condition changes and reports to the registered nurse.
5. Supervision of self-administered medications in the home is limited to the following:
a. Obtains the medication container from the storage area
b. Ensures the medication is prescribed for the client
c. Reminds the client that it is time to take the medication as prescribed
d. Observes the client self-administering the medication
6. Provides a clean, safe and healthful environment for client by performing light housekeeping duties.
7. Transports clients, as necessary.
8. Recognizes emergencies and has knowledge of emergency procedures.
9. Identifies safety hazards and initiates corrective actions immediately.
10. Reports client’s concerns and incidents to the appropriate personnel.
11. Attends job related in-services.
12. Demonstrates competent performance skills on an annual basis.
13. Submits documentation necessary to keep personnel file in compliance.
14. Respects the client’s rights at all times.
15. Other duties as assigned.
A HOME SERVICES AIDE SHALL NOT:
a. Change sterile dressings
b. Irrigate body cavities, such as giving an enema or irrigating a colostomy or wound
c. Perform a gastric irrigation or enteral feeding
d. Catheterize a client
e. Administer medications
f. Apply heat by any method
g. Care for a tracheostomy tube
h. Provide any personal health service that is not included in the client Service Provision Plan