Join our team at ACTS Retirement-Life Communities! ACTS has been setting the standard for excellence in senior retirement living since 1972, with a vision founded in faith and guided by a commitment to integrity and loving kindness.
Under general supervision, responsible for the daily cleaning of floors and other periodic cleaning. All work to be done in accordance with the standard procedures of the Environmental Services Department in accordance with the community’s objectives. Will use cleaning equipment including 20" rotos, high speed burnishers, automatic floor machines, commercial vacuums, 24 oz. wet mops and other types of floor machines, large wringers and other necessary equipment, tools, products and supplies.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs daily cleaning of hard surface floors and carpeted floors in corridors and in other assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods as outlined on work schedules.
• Removes trash, recycling and linens from assigned areas and transports it to designated area.
• Performs project cleaning of walls, lights, induction units, windows, etc.
• Assists in cleaning of emergency spills that are observed or requested.
• Maintains assigned equipment in clean and safe working order.
• Observes and reports the need for repairs to equipment, furniture, building and fixtures.
• Reports to each fire drill and/or any actual fire to assist in transporting residents.
• Performs any other related tasks which may be assigned.