Join our team at ACTS Retirement-Life Communities! ACTS has been setting the standard for excellence in senior retirement living since 1972, with a vision founded in faith and guided by a commitment to integrity and loving kindness.
Following established meal service standards, creates an enjoyable dining experience for the communities residents.
Essential Job Functions
• Checks in with supervisor or manager to learn assigned pre-meal responsibilities.
• Covers assigned work station throughout entire meal, following all established food handling, service standards, and sanitation procedures.
• Assesses the menu items ingredients for quality, wholesomeness and quantity, reporting any concerns to the café supervisor.
• Takes orders from the patrons, completes the orders efficiently, complying with the established standards for food preparation and presentation.
• Reports all resident compliments/complaints to the supervisor or manager.
• Assists in the training of new servers under the direction of the supervisor/manager.
• Follows all established work safety rules, notifying the supervisor of any observed safety concerns.
• Assigns and assists the supervisor/manager in the setup, service and breakdown of resident luncheons, as requested.
• Maintains a strict “clean as you go” policy, assuring a clean professional work environment.
• May assist with service at catering events.
• Performs other duties as assigned.