Job: Information Technology
Organization: Adventist IT
Job Posting: Feb 27, 2017, 8:50:48 AM
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination and skill, of each member of our team. To this end, we strive to create an environment of engagement, mutual respect, and growth. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career. The Consumer Support Analyst – Specialized Support Group is a key member of the AIT Service Desk Team and plays a critical role in supporting the growth and development of our consumer centric support model by effectively handling application specific/software support telephone calls from consumers (external) and generating work orders related to facility based equipment issues initiated by clinical and administrative customers (internal). This team will provide assistance to consumers to ensure applications are effectively utilized as designed. Each person is responsible for working to understand and support the needs of individuals using our varied consumer portal products, by performing customer needs assessment, support pull-through activities relative to our consumer support strategy, and ensure that the Adventist Health System is viewed as demonstrating value and better health outcomes to healthcare professionals and their patients.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Creates an exceptional, personalized service experience for each consumer
• Follows appropriate procedures for both common and urgent consumer issues
• Demonstrates outstanding attention to detail, ownership, and follow-through
• Focuses on consumer retention and overall service satisfaction
• Ability to successfully support all service channels including: a high volume of incoming telephone calls, the management of multiple interactive chat sessions, timely handling of all electronic support requests
• Demonstrates good judgement and the ability to prioritize both common and urgent system issues and escalates to next level resources as necessary.
• Effectively provides consultation and education to consumers on the appropriate use of all products within the consumer support model.
• Demonstrates the ability to think quickly and critically in the researching and testing of system functionality when attempting to duplicate the reported issue.
• Participation in ongoing training programs related to the expanding scope of support
• Demonstrated ability to manage change in the environment and within the team’s commitment to service.
• Adheres to all departmental polices and guidelines regarding necessary documentation of reported issue and resolution steps.
• Adheres to all organizational guidelines concerning HIPAA and network security policies. Assures the confidentiality and security of all consumer data.
• Must have good investigation and problem solving skills.
• Ability to understand complex software applications.
• Ability multitask and to excel in a dynamic environment and under the pressure of multiple projects with changing and overlapping timelines for completion
• Self-motivated individual who can work with minimal direction.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Must like working with others to help them succeed.
• Must be willing to continually improve the overall consumer’s experience.
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate written and verbal information in a clear, logical, organized, and concise manner.
• Effectively utilizes technology and tools provided such as network printing, faxing, electronic paging, and service vendor communication.
• Follows all departmental policies and escalation procedures.
• Consistently meets or exceeds all departmental performance goals.
• Keeps current on updated processes, policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates a willingness to learn new skills and techniques.
• Remains flexible and adjusts to changes in the work environment.
• Flexibility to work non-traditional hours (weekends, holidays, split shifts, overtime
• Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent to the role as responsibilities are subject to change.