Job: Information Technology
Organization: Adventist IT
Job Posting: Apr 11, 2017, 3:13:54 PM
The Clinical Information Systems Analyst Senior has an extensive understanding of system build and implementation, the ability to analyze and understand business problems, and the knowledge to make solution recommendations that meet the organizational goals of maintaining clinical and business systems. They are dedicated to providing a secure, effective, integrated patient care delivery system that continually improves outcomes, reduces cost, increases efficiency, and enhances patients’ experiences. Primary responsibilities include collaborating with clinicians and end users of the system to design, build, test, train, implement, evaluate, and maintain Surgery Applications and other associated systems.
The Clinical Information Systems Analyst Senior must utilize the knowledge of clinical practice, computer science, and information technology to manage data and determine components that are suitable to build while maintaining alignment with the professional standards of clinical practice. They are responsible for coordinating with physicians and end users in the analysis and documentation of clinical workflows, performing gap analysis, identifying needed process changes, and developing future workflows during the implementation of new solutions or functionality. The ability to communicate with all levels of hospital leadership, clinicians, physicians, and ancillary department staff is essential for this position.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrates advanced level functional knowledge of one of the following applications: Surgery
• Serves as a lead member of the Surgery Applications team; dedicated to the development of electronic documentation solutions that support clinical workflow and practice and align with the current best practice standards.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of processes within the facility department.
• Promotes customization of the application for unique department scenarios and build using application tools.
• Designs, builds, and tests clinical application components and makes necessary changes using application build tools.
• Communicates necessary changes made in the application amongst team members and site contacts as appropriate.
• Develops and maintains system design documentation and outlines build steps using appropriate tools.
• Leads team meetings, project meetings, and other meetings when requested.
• Plans and coordinates special projects using project management skills, tools, and AHS-IS methodologies.
• Collaborates with hospital leadership, physicians, clinicians, end users, vendors and associates to develop and deploy electronic applications or new functionality.
• Proactively assesses clinical workflow processes, identifies gaps, defines necessary process changes, and develops future workflows related to the implementation of new solutions or functionality.
• Prepares of training materials and provides education on new applications or functionality. Conducts train-the-trainer, super-user, upgrade and/or other training.
• Takes a lead role in facility support through solution implementation, activation, and post-live support.