Job: Information Technology
Organization: Adventist IT
Job Posting: Apr 11, 2017, 3:33:03 PM
The Clinical Analyst reports to the Director of The AHS Innovation Lab of Adventist Health System and is responsible for multiple initiatives of moderate to high complexity identifying ways technology can improve clinical workflows. He/She will be responsible for activities that cover analysis, design, configuration, testing, implementation, performing troubleshooting, and issue resolution. Serves as a primary mentor and utilizes expertise in application logic, providing technical guidance and oversight and acting as a point of escalation and technical expert. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintain relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides technical guidance and oversight. Leads team members in complex problem analysis and issue resolution. Provides technical guidance and oversight. Mentors team members on best practices, standards, and technology. Recommends improvements to processes and technology that improve the effectiveness of the team.
• Assists director in general project requirements gathering for net new initiatives in addition to working with team members to turn project requirements into technical requirements.
• Analyzes operational requirements and system capabilities to propose effective solutions. Identifies opportunities for improvement/automation. Creates and provides data to baseline and drive solution outcome. Assesses functionality, feasibility, impact to workflow, and compliance to standards. Analyzes business and user needs, documents business requirements, defines benefits, and estimates costs.
• Designs changes to application in line with agreed SOPs and Work Instructions. Designs, documents, and articulates advanced technical specifications (i.e. reporting and decision support). Develops and manages configuration, test, and implementation plans. Obtains operational design approval. Provides input to standards, policies and procedures.
• Configures application with agreed changes. Obtains MIS change control signoff. Configures advanced application changes (i.e. reporting and decision support) with high degree of accuracy. Documents application changes.
• Tests configuration and workflow changes. Develops test scripts. Performs unit, system, and integration testing per standards and documents outcome.
• Creates and provides department and/or customer documentation.
• Trains users on how to use changed or enhanced application. Implements application changes. Provides go-live support.
• Optimizes, maintains, and supports application as required. Provides on-call support and technical escalation point. Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues, initiates escalation procedures. Communicates application issues with vendor per vendor’s reporting process. Plans, tests, and supports application upgrades. Performs regression testing. Studies and evaluates leading industry trends and vendor/application/system updates.
• Participates in collaboration and communication with internal and external stakeholders within multiple venues while facilitating all responsibilities as outlined above.
• Assists with developing and executing change management strategy (communication, buy-in, training, technical support) to enable a smooth implementation of new application changes and enhancements.