Job: Information Technology
Organization: Adventist Health System Corporate Office
Job Posting: Mar 14, 2017, 9:40:52 AM
If you want to be a part of a place that provides nothing less than extraordinary compassionate care, then Adventist Health System is the place for you!
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a PHSO Provider Engagement Analyst position that will be based in our PHSO Pop Health Provider Operations & Engagement department. This position is based in Altamonte Springs, FL.
The PHSO Provider Engagement Analyst Intermediate has a comprehensive understanding of system build and implementation, the ability to analyze and understand business problems, and the knowledge to make solution recommendations that meet the organizational goals of maintaining clinical and business systems.
The PHSO Provider Engagement Analyst Intermediate is dedicated to providing a secure, effective, integrated data delivery system that continually improves outcomes, reduces cost, increases efficiency, and enhances patients’ and providers’ experiences. Primary responsibilities include collaborating with clinicians and end users of the system to design, build, test, train, implement, evaluate, and maintain assigned applications and other associated systems.
The PHSO Provider Engagement Analyst Intermediate must utilize the knowledge of clinical process, computer science, and information technology to manage data and determine components that are suitable to build while maintaining alignment with the professional standards of the business practice.
The PHSO Provider Engagement Analyst Intermediate participates in coordinating with physicians and end users in the analysis and documentation of clinical workflows, performing gap analysis, identifying needed process changes, and developing future workflows during the implementation of new solutions or functionality.
The PHSO Provider Engagement Analyst Intermediate is dedicated to partnering with the PHSO Infrastructure and Optimization Manager to provide secure, effective, integrated patient care delivery system that continually improves outcomes, reduces cost, increases efficiency, and enhances patients’ and providers’ experiences. The ability to communicate with all levels of hospital leadership, clinicians, physicians, and ancillary department staff is essential for this position.
Specific job duties include:
- Demonstrates advanced functional knowledge of the assigned applications.
- Serves as a contributing member of Population Health Application Support team, dedicated to the development of population health management solutions that support and align with the current best practice standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of processes within the ambulatory provider setting.
- Ability to define changes to the application for unique department scenarios and build using application tools with minimal assistance from team members and/or the application manager.
- Designs, builds, and tests application components and makes necessary changes using build tools with little direction and assistance from team members or the application manager.
- Communicates necessary changes made in the application amongst team members and site contacts as appropriate.
- Contributes to system design documentation and outlines build steps using appropriate tools with some direction and assistance from team members or the application manager.
- Participates in team meetings, project meetings, and other meetings when requested.
- Understands how to plan and coordinate special projects using project management skills, tools, and AIT methodologies with assistance from team members, the application manager and/or the project manager.
- Collaborates with leadership, physicians, clinicians, end users, vendors and associates to develop and deploy electronic applications or new functionality.
- Assesses workflow processes, identifies gaps, defines necessary process changes, and develops future workflows related to the implementation of new solutions or functionality.
- Contributes to preparation of training materials and provides education on new applications or functionality. Conducts train-the-trainer, super-user, upgrade and/or other training with moderate direction from team members or the application manager.
- Actively participates in facility support through solution implementation, activation, and post go-live support.
- Analyzes and reports on provider usage, utilization, and Population Health adoption in support of IT Population Health and PHSO strategic initiatives and strategies. This could include creation of dashboards and utilization trending.