If you’re considering a career with Altec, Inc., there’s never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That’s why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that’s why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work “Safer and Smarter.” Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec’s values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork. Your Organization Final Assembly Engineering:
From customer interaction and new product creation to the implementation of manufacturing processes, Altec Engineers are leading the industry.
Provide unit and body support with regards to inspection, parts identification, warranty claims, rework jobs. Responsibilities MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (Others may be assigned)
•Serve as the interface between Western Division Final Assembly and Service plant.
•Develop work instructions.
•Train associates regarding quality processes and issues.
•Conduct inspections (shop folder, inbay, PDI, and final inspections).
•Communicate quality issues to the Quality Manager.
•Conduct unit and body inspections as needed.
•Assist associates with assembly of trucks, as needed.
•Plan and conduct quality RCI events
•Analyze Quality metrics for trends and improvement opportunities. Basic Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
•Four year Engineer or Technical Degree
•Must be personable and effectively interact with other associates, departments, distributors, vendors, customers, etc.
•Good analytical, verbal, and written skills.
•Basic understanding of business principles and practice.
•Demonstrated capacity as a self-starter with ability to work under only a moderate level of supervision.
•Must be confident, dynamic, and successful in working as part of a team.
•Proficiency in the use of personal computers and associated software. Benefits Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance EEO Statement Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
For your privacy and protection, when applying for a job online, it is advisable not to:
- Provide your social security number to a prospective employer,
- Provide credit card or bank account information or
- Perform any sort of monetary transaction.
To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.