MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Thermal In Situ Oil Sands
Canadian Natural’s oil sands assets offer professionals with proven expertise an unparalleled opportunity to enhance those skills in a wide variety of projects throughout the Athabasca and Cold Lake Oil Sands areas. Your initiative as a self-starter will be maximized inside our defined growth plan strategy by utilizing leading edge CSS and SAGD technologies on long term projects to capture the value in our vast portfolio of assets. Your innovation is welcomed at Canadian Natural.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com/candidateinfo to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
The Operations Team Lead will play a key role in the supervision of daily operations and personnel to ensure that all production schedules are met within the established quality, safety and production targets. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop strategies and plans to meet the company objectives while you supervise and develop the knowledge of your team.
Utilize your technical and leadership skills to supervise and support an operations team at Kirby through the following activities:
• Mentor and manage your team to facilitate their professional development
• Manage shift scheduling to ensure production is optimized at all times
• Lead and promote safety culture and safe operations
• Manage team workload and practices to optimize effectiveness and efficiency
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Participate in team troubleshooting of equipment and processes
• Identify reliability issues and inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement
• Develop procedures, standards and specifications pertaining to operations
• Work with planners and maintenance teams to plan and schedule routine repairs, Predictive Maintenance (PM's), equipment enhancements, and turnarounds based on production/steam forecasts and capital projects
• Expedite emergency high value/priority repairs when required
• Assist with failure analysis, identify required upgrades and develop plans for implementation
• Monitor plant and equipment performance, chemical use, and energy optimization to identify opportunities for improvement
• Ensure plant and field equipment and processes are optimized to maximize equipment capacities and minimize operating costs
• Provide operational experience to the Kirby design, construction and commissioning teams
• Provide guidance and consistency to the full life cycle of equipment, including selection, commissioning, start up, operations and turnaround/maintenance activities
• Assist in new project design, equipment selection, spare parts requirements and construction inspections for both capital projects and operational process optimization