MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Thermal In Situ Oil Sands
Canadian Natural’s oil sands assets offer the professional with proven expertise an unparalleled opportunity to enhance those skills in a wide variety of projects throughout the Athabasca and Cold Lake Oil Sands areas. Your initiative as a self-starter will be maximized inside our defined growth plan strategy by utilizing leading edge CSS and SAGD technologies on long term projects to capture the value in our vast portfolio of assets. Your innovation is welcomed at Canadian Natural.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
Canadian Natural’s existing Thermal Operations are based in the Cold Lake/Bonnyville area and produce approximately 100,000 bbl/d of heavy oil. The Kirby In Situ Oil Sands project is part of the Thermal Heavy Oil Growth Strategy to deliver over 300,000 bbl/d of heavy oil by the year 2020. The Kirby project is expected to produce 40,000 bbl/d: first steam is planned for late 2013 and is located Northeast of Lac La Biche, near Conklin, AB.
The Plant Operator is responsible for the safe operation of the thermal facilities at Kirby.
This role will provide the opportunity to:
• Maintain and optimize processes and process equipment
• Contribute your knowledge of related plant operations working with:
o Gas Turbines / Heat recovery Steam Generator
o Once through Steam Generators
o Auxiliary Boilers
o Water Treatment Equipment
o Oil Process and Treating Equipment
As the Kirby SAGD Project progresses through design and construction into commissioning and start-up, we will be looking for good people to build the Kirby Operations and Maintenance team. The Kirby project is located North-East of Lac La Biche, near Conklin, AB. CNRL provides fly in fly out from various pick up locations in both Alberta and Saskatchewan (Saskatoon, North Battleford and Meadow Lake) along with camp accommodations. All salaried positions will be on a 4 on 3 of shift schedule and hourly positions will be a 7 on 7 off schedule.
**All roles will be based in Camp with transportation to site provided**
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Start up and shut down all plant equipment with very little supervision
• Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform minor repairs and servicing
• Assist with the commissioning of new projects
• Assist in overseeing day to day plant and field activities
• Utilize the Delta V DCS control system to monitor and control plant conditions
• Identify and scope out opportunities to maximize production, minimize operating costs, and eliminate downtime
• Maintain proper documentation, including operating logs, maintenance records, and safety and environmental reports
• Train others