Pulls orders as specified utilizing voice pick equipment and/or fork lift/order picker equipment, loads trucks
and replenishes stock as needed by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Safely Drives and Operates fork lift equipment.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Ability and willingness to select, stock, load and/or unload ALL products that may be ordered by our customers.
- Accurately and efficiently fills requisitions by retrieving required products per the customer order.
- Sorts and places materials or items on conveyer, racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Accurately marks materials with identifying information.
- Loads trucks according to wave sequence
- Prepares loads leaving during production as well as those leaving the next morning.
- Returns products to appropriate areas.
- Opens boxes and other containers.
- Repacks breakage
- Maintains safe, organized and clean work area.
- Cleaning includes, but is not limited to, the removal of all remaining trash, broken glass, cardboard etc. at the end of the shift.
- Check with a member of management team before leaving at end of shift.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Use of voice pick equipment is desired.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently required to lift and/or move up to 65 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 165 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
COMPLETE ENTIRE APPLICATION - INCLUDE WORK HISTORY IN "RESUME" SECTION. MAKE SURE YOU ALSO INCLUDE THREE REFERENCES. NOT FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY MAY CAUSE APPLICATION TO BE REJECTED.
Empire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. I understand that if I am hired, my employment will be for no definite period, regardless of the period of payment of my wages. I further understand that I am employed on an "at-will" basis which means that I have the right to terminate my employment at anytime with or without notice, and the Company has the same right. No one other than the President of the Company has authority to modify this relationship or make any agreement to the contrary. Any such modification or agreement must be in writing, signed by the President
I understand that if I am hired this application and all supporting documents will become part of my permanent employee record.
I understand that the company reserves the right to require me to submit to a drug test at any time and also reserves the right to require me to submit to an alcohol test and/or medical examination to the extent permitted by law. I understand that the Company may contact my previous employers and I authorize those employers to disclose to the Company all records and other information pertinent to my employment with them, whether favorable or unfavorable. I also authorize the Company to provide truthful information concerning my employment with it to my future prospective employers and I agree to hold it harmless for providing such information.
By submitting this application, I certify that all information that I provide on this application and in any interview will be true, complete and accurate. I understand if I am employed and any such information is later found to be false, incomplete or misleading in any respect, I may be discharged.