Note: This position services retail grocery/convenience accounts in Buncombe County and surrounding areas.
Summary - Training position that assists the District Manager and Sales personnel in regular duties to sell beer, wine and non- alcoholic items to supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and package stores for wholesale distributor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• As needed will travel through designated territories daily to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, present items for distribution, and handle damages and off-condition product.
• Quotes prices and payment terms for orders obtained.
• Confers with District Manager to resolve customer problems.
• Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
• Identifies and respond to customers' needs.
• Assist with tracking reports (daily, weekly, monthly).
• Assists in sales plans and maintain accounts according to company standards.
• Assists in tracking progress of goals on a weekly basis.
• Participates in supplier work-withs.
• Continually maintains training and product knowledge.
• Delivers emergency orders when needed.
• Attends trade show.
• Conducts business according to local and state laws.
• Assists with store re-sets.
• Distributes point-of sale materials for use in the market, and builds displays.
• Maintains shelf displays.
• Other duties as assigned by District Manager.
Education and/or Experience - High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PLEASE COMPLETE ENTIRE APPLICATION - INCLUDE WORK HISTORY IN "RESUME" SECTION. MAKE SURE YOU ALSO INCLUDE THREE REFERENCES. NOT FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY MAY CAUSE APPLICATION TO BE REJECTED.
Empire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. I understand that if I am hired, my employment will be for no definite period, regardless of the period of payment of my wages. I further understand that I am employed on an "at-will" basis which means that I have the right to terminate my employment at anytime with or without notice, and the Company has the same right. No one other than the President of the Company has authority to modify this relationship or make any agreement to the contrary. Any such modification or agreement must be in writing, signed by the President.
I understand that if I am hired this application and all supporting documents will become part of my permanent employee record.
I understand that the company reserves the right to require me to submit to a drug test at any time and also reserves the right to require me to submit to an alcohol test and/or medical examination to the extent permitted by law. I understand that the Company may contact my previous employers and I authorize those employers to disclose to the Company all records and other information pertinent to my employment with them, whether favorable or unfavorable. I also authorize the Company to provide truthful information concerning my employment with it to my future prospective employers and I agree to hold it harmless for providing such information.
By submitting this application, I certify that all information that I provide on this application and in any interview will be true, complete and accurate. I understand if I am employed and any such information is later found to be false, incomplete or misleading in any respect, I may be discharged.