FIRST STUDENT CANADA is now providing free, friendly training for steady part-time school bus drivers (and in some cases spare drivers).
Hours of Work:
- Approximately 7:00AM to 9:00AM and 3:00PM to 5:00PM, Monday to Friday (September to June) on school days only (exact times vary depending on school times and individual routes)
- In most cases there is potential for optional/additional kindergarten or "noon" routes and or field & charter trips during the school year and the summer.
Our school bus drivers are not required to work on weekends, evenings or school holidays. While additional work may be available, it is not mandatory.
- Safely drive students to and from school, following a prescribed route, on a daily basis during the school year.
- Perform daily vehicle circle check safety inspections, documenting & reporting according to company, school & government regulations.
- Comply with all company & government regulations, laws & policies.
- Communicate clearly and interact with parents, school employees, passengers, co-workers & the general public in a courteous, professional manner as required.
Rate of Pay:
Varies by location, length of route & vehicle type, but is usually favourable when compared to other part-time pay rates.
In some locations, (if not prohibited by school district regulations, you can bring your pre-schooler with you on the route).