Abraxas, a leader in the juvenile justice field, has openings for Therapist I at our Cincinnati, Ohio facility.
Abraxas, a GEO Group company, is a leading provider of innovative and quality treatment programs for youth, adults and families. For 40 years, Abraxas has contracted with various county and state agencies for the operation of residential, community-based, detention/shelter services and alternative education programming. We offer specialized services for hard-to-place juvenile populations including fire setters, sexual offenders and habitual offenders in addition to gender specific programming for females in need of treatment.
At Abraxas compensation isn’t the only reward for your talents. We also offer excellent benefit options designed to meet your health, financial, insurance, and personal needs. These benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 K, life insurance, disability insurance, etc.
This is a direct service position providing a full range of services directed toward the therapeutic care and rehabilitation of adolescent or delinquent substance abusers. Incumbent participates in the planning, organization and delivery of cross-disciplinary services, (i.e., case work, counseling, specialized treatment, drug court, etc.) according to individual skills and abilities.
(1) Major Activity: Performs individual, group, and family counseling under the direction of a Clinical Supervisor; performance includes intensive outpatient and outpatient group counseling, home/community-based individual and family counseling, teaching life skills, case management, and crisis intervention.
(2) Major Activity: Prepares individualized treatment plans, monthly progress reports and weekly court reports on client’s acceptance to treatment, behavior, attitude, achievement, education, and overall progress in the program.
• Attends staff meetings and participates in conferences for the discussion of behavior, diagnosis and progress of clients.
• Interacts closely with court staff to insure overall treatment goals and educational outcomes are accomplished.
• Participates in a cross-disciplinary treatment team and attends in- service training.
(3) Minor Activity: Serves as a liaison with external contacts such as probation officers, family members, and internal contacts with other Abraxas employees, case management staff, quality assurance staff, etc.
• Assist in the training and development of case manager.
• Facilitates court review meetings.
(4) Minor Activity: Conducts file reviews in accordance with ODADAS and The Joint Commission Accreditation Guidelines
• Conducts peer reviews and record reviews.
• Works to ensure regulatory compliance.
Performs other duties as required by management.
This position does not provide supervision.