Special attire: Steel toed shoes and safety glasses
1. Use Decimals and fractions, simple geometry.
2. Work from drawings, schematic drawings, sketches, instructions.
3. Use scale, square, micrometer, gauges, specifications and code books, etc
4. Install diagnose, repair and maintain machine tools and equipment requiring a general knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical maintenance, machining methods and techniques.
5. Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties and affect repairs and adjustments, either temporary or permanent to keep machines in production.
6. Assist to rebuild fairly complicated machines and overhaul troublesome components. Involves dismantling, inspection and replacement of purchase parts, fitting and alignment of bearings, shafts spindles, welding ,etc. To fit align, adjust and calibrate measuring devices, moving parts and speed and feed mechanisms.
7. Work from drawing designs, specifications and handbook formulas. Install wiring circuits, distribution centers, switches and controls in accordance with codes and specifications.
8. Work from schematic drawings, diagnose and remedy simple electrical problems.
9. Assist maintenance man of higher classification on the more complex work.