Sara’s Market and Bakery
Assistant Store Director
The Assistant Store Director supports and is guided by the Store Director in all aspects of store operations. Along with other Store Leadership you will be responsible for employee hiring, development, terminations and generally holding all employees accountable for their work. The Assistant Store Director is responsible for profitability, expense control (packaging and labor), inventory control, buying and merchandising, regulatory compliance and special projects as assigned. We are looking for individuals who lead, not manage, work teams. You will be encouraged to help run the store as if it was your own business (within certain guidelines of course).
- Assist and be a partner to Store Director in all areas of operations.
- Maintain outstanding retail execution and customer service in the store. Handle customer complaints when necessary.
- Uphold and communicate store programs and standards (such as merchandizing, quality, freshness, safety, cleanliness, and others) to employees; regularly inspect store to assure all programs and standards are maintained.
- Assist Store Director to interview, hire, train, develop, counsel, and separate employees to build and sustain high-performance teams. Establish and maintain a positive work environment that supports high employee morale. Lead by example.
- Support the Store Director in quarterly inventory, safety, merchandising, financial and physical plant issues.
- Review and monitor scheduling, purchases, and all other expenses regularly to ensure team and store expenses are within budget.
- Be a partner in creating a successful and profitable store
- Help conduct effective All-Store and employee meetings.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of, and ensure compliance with, all relevant regularity rules and standards.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Five years of experience in a Store Leadership role or equivalent.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and leadership skills, preferably five or more years of experience in being able to direct and supervise individuals and manage work and priorities.
- Strong leadership qualities, with special emphasis on team building.
- Work harmoniously with all employees.
- Capable of hiring, counseling, and terminating employees.
- Strong in customer service and community relations.
- Excellent communicator, listener, and motivator.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and delegate responsibilities.
- Proactive in all aspects of the job.
- Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive manner.
- Strong organizational skills and basic computer skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the store.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Sara’s Market and Bakery, we empower our employees to make their own decisions and create an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel.
We strive to offer honest, service, with a friendly face every time, the customer, enters our store. At Sara's Market and Bakery, we are not in business just to sell, but are in business to satisfy the needs of our customers and our surrounding community. At Sara's, we run our business with a conscience. What we serve, is what we eat.
At Sara’s Market and Bakery we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Sara’s Market and Bakery hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
June 27, 2016