Sara’s Market and Bakery
Experienced Meat Cutter - $16.00 to $20.00
Your role as an Experienced Meat Cutter will include oversight of the food preparation process and the selection of items for the Meat Case. Additionally, you will perform general duties of a Meat Cutter and cut all meat for the department. Prepare specialty merchandise consistent with Sara’s quality goals. Maintain a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service. Support the Meat Manager in maintaining standards.
- Receive, unload, and put away product delivery. Break down beef, lamb, and poultry products into both sub-primals and retail cuts.
- Prepare specialty merchandise.
- Ensure that food quality, quantity, freshness, and presentation meet standards.
- Maintain high productivity levels and ensure that kitchen schedules are kept.
- Place orders in the absence of the Meat Manager
- Explain cooking techniques for all meats and cuts to the customer.
- Train and mentor other meat cutters on how to cut and prepare various meats.
- Answer customer questions, and practice suggestive selling.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Minimum one year experience as Meat Cutter or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability in knife handling and use of other cutting equipment.
- Excellent cutting skills, with ability to break beef into sub-primals and process sub-primals into retail cuts.
- Extensive knowledge of meat cuts and cooking technique.
- Willingness to receive constructive feedback pertaining to job performance.
- Willingness to provide exemplary customer service constantly and consistently.
- Good communication skills.
-- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Sara’s Market and Bakery, we empower our employees to make their own decisions and create an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel.
We strive to offer honest, service, with a friendly face every time, the customer, enters our store. At Sara's Market and Bakery, we are not in business just to sell, but are in business to satisfy the needs of our customers and our surrounding community. At Sara's, we run our business with a conscience. What we serve, is what we eat.
At Sara’s Market and Bakery we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Sara’s Market and Bakery hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
August 3, 2016