Sara’s Market and Bakery
Full and Part-Time Housekeeping/Maintenance
As a Maintenance employee you will be responsible for maintaining cleanliness and order on the sales floor and parking lot areas to ensure a clean and safe environment for both employees and customers. This position will perform various daily/weekly cleaning tasks, minor repairs and projects.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of the sales floor and the customer and employee bathrooms.
- Sweep, pick up debris, and clean spills throughout the sales floor.
- Regularly check the trash receptacles on the sales floor and empty as necessary.
- Clean windows and mirrored surfaces and polish the stainless steel on the sales floor.
- Dust fixtures, shelves, and product, including high dusting.
- Clean, dust, and empty trash in back offices.
- Assist in keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing.
- Collect, consolidate, and separate recycling into proper receptacles.
- Maintain accurate sweep logs.
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize and maintain all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Experience cleaning in the grocery/ food industry.
- Knowledge and experience performing basic maintenance.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Use of box cutters.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Will be exposed to various chemicals, cleaning agents, etc.
- Will be exposed to strong odors.
At Sara’s Market and Bakery, we empower our employees to make their own decisions and create an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel.
We strive to offer honest, service, with a friendly face every time, the customer, enters our store. At Sara's Market and Bakery, we are not in business just to sell, but are in business to satisfy the needs of our customers and our surrounding community. At Sara's, we run our business with a conscience. What we serve, is what we eat.
At Sara’s Market and Bakery we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Sara’s Market and Bakery hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
June 27, 2016