Job Title: Territory Manager (C & F)
Reports to: Region Sales Manager
Position is responsible for the sales and marketing of, rental or leasing of all new and used John Deere and Allied equipment, parts and service, and secure warranty. Position will meet customer’s needs and grow market share while maintaining acceptable levels of gross profit and attaining sales unit targets.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Plan and organize a sales strategy that includes individual account plans to meet or exceed Company target for units, dollars and gross profit.
2. Maintain relationships with current customers and establish relationships with new customers/prospects to enhance the potential to sell, rent and lease new and used equipment, to increase market awareness and increase market share.
3. Listen to current customer problems and understand all opportunities, unmet needs and reasons for dissatisfaction. Document the problem and respond quickly to offer solutions, keep the customer informed and provide feedback on action taken.
4. Work with customers and potential customers to fully understand their needs, wants, concerns, satisfaction and expectations by seeking information and opinions.
5. Based on customer needs, formulate value-selling based professional presentations. Quote and negotiate prices and financing, prepare contracts and record and close orders, provide trade information, as requested and manage and maximize rental conversions.
6. Maintain a contact management type database for designated territory. Maintain accurate and up to date call logs and prospect lists.
7. Responsible for the sales and marketing of parts, service, attachments, engines, post - secure warranty and the support of the Rental Marketing Program in assigned area of responsibility.
8. Responsible to meet customer’s needs and increase revenue while maintaining acceptable levels of gross profit.
9. Submit periodic reports detailing lost sales activities and evaluate the results of such lost sales.
10. Attend training and sales meetings as required to stay current with new equipment and sales processes.
11. Make it easy for the customer to do business with the company.
Base salary plus current company commission incentive and benefit program.
Office environment and In-the-Field Sales Calls.