We Save Lives!
Key Safety Systems is a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of automotive safety-critical components and systems including inflators, airbags, steering wheels, and seat belts. We are proud to be the fastest growing safety restraints company in the world. Safety restraints have never been more viable in the automotive and related industries as they are today. We have received numerous awards around the world, including the following in 2013: Shanghai General Motors technology and innovation award, Chery Inc. Best Supplier Award, Certificate of recognition from Toyota Motor Europe, Quality Excellence Award from General Motors. Additionally, Inc. magazine has named KSS on its seven annual Inc. 500|5000, an exclusive ranking of the fastest growing private companies in the USA. This is the second consecutive year that KSS has received this honor: Crain’s Detroit Business
The Sr. Engineer will lead the development work, problem resolution and design of new models or mechanisms. Though not a supervisory position, the Sr. Engineer will provide professional engineering assistance and consultation to other engineers and departments on technical matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceives and develops new products to meet objectives of management / customers in accordance with government & customer specifications and awareness of market needs.
- Discloses these ideas to engineering management, evaluates their feasibility on an assigned basis (models, vehicle installations, etc.)
- Resolves, with guidance from other senior engineers, technical problems through application of product knowledge of Safety Restraint Systems operations, engineering education, knowledge of industry practice and an awareness of new technologies.
- Responsible for supporting all technical base processes including, ESI, VA/VE, benchmarking,
- Commodity Management, and STP/Application transition.
- Provides professional engineering assistance & consultation to other departments on technical matters relating to Safety Restraint Systems operations as requested and on assigned basis.
- Organizes technical projects (program requests, cost estimates, program plans, etc.).
- Evaluates alternatives and initiates activities necessary to meet project objectives within a time and monetary budget. Reports weekly on progress and workload status.
- Directs and coordinates projects, with guidance from supervisor and senior engineers, from design through production start-up, including prototype build, testing and establishment to specifications to achieve required performance and reliability, manufacturability and market competitiveness.
- Interprets specifications and provides technical direction to drafting, testing and model shop personnel.
- Coordinates with other departments for an orderly transition of the project and has first article approval authority.
- Documents technical aspects of assigned projects and ensures that data is properly retained.
- Visits customers with Sales or Senior Engineering personnel on an assigned basis.
- Recommends design approaches and solutions to technical problems directly to customers on routine matters and obtains assistance from peers, other departments and engineering management on critical issues.
For your privacy and protection, when applying for a job online, it is advisable not to:
- Provide your social security number to a prospective employer,
- Provide credit card or bank account information or
- Perform any sort of monetary transaction.
To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.