A Wireless is the largest authorized Verizon premium retailer in the United States. As a Staff Attorney overseeing our Leasing agreements, you will assist our Assistant General Counsel with managing our large portfolio of commercial real estate leases.
Your Focus (Responsibilities)
- You will Review, draft and negotiate commercial leasing agreements (both existing facilities and build-to-suits), lease amendments/modifications, construction agreements, lease assignments and communications to landlords;
- Assist with the resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships;
- Evaluate and resolve contractual and operational disputes with landlords and vendors;
- Implement and assist with the development of, leasing related policies and procedures;
- Manage and coordinate the flow of the internal company lease negotiation process;
- Assist with document review and drafting of schedules, exhibits, and due diligence with respect to mergers and acquisitions;
- Handle pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries;
- Analysis and resolution of land use and zoning issues;
- Such other duties as may be assigned by the company’s General Counsel.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the 'essential functions' for purposes of the ADA.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb stairs, use hands to finger, handle, or feel (including frequent use of manual dexterity for keyboarding); and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
**The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees so classified.
Education/ Experience Requirements
- 3+ years of legal experience with an emphasis on drafting and negotiating commercial real estate leases is required
- Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required
- In-house experience in a large scale retail company preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills