POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College degree in an engineering or technical related field.
- Must have at least 10 years of combined experience in HSE and Security in an energy-related industry, land-based and/or offshore drilling preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years supervising others.
- Must have and maintain current national and/or international Safety Professional certifications to include CSP or NEBOSH equivalent. CPP/PSP desirable, but not required.
- Must have experience working with ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001 management systems. Experience working with API Q2 and ISO 9001 is desired.
- Must possess direct knowledge of land and offshore drilling operations and API Codes for drilling operations and must be able to understand, interpret and implement applicable regulatory and certification standards related to HSSE.
- Must have HSSE incident investigation and Root Cause Analysis knowledge and experience.
- Must have ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have excellent PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and suppliers. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
OFFICE AND SHORE BASED PERSONNEL
• Ensures that personal behaviours / work practices are in line with office safety standards.
• Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those in the vicinity, including any visitors.
• Pays close attention to housekeeping; double-checks and takes additional safety precautions to ensure no-one is put at risk by their work.
• Takes no short cuts.
• Reports all hazards and incidents in line with Company procedure.