Pomerleau is recognized as one of Eastern Canada’s leaders in the construction industry, in the institutional, commercial, industrial and civil engineering sectors. Clients benefit from our expertise as general contractor, construction manager, project manager and design-builder.
Pomerleau believes in delivering excellence. Every Pomerleau employee upholds this value, leading to the achievement of superior results in every sector where we do business. Pomerleau: proud individuals who share a vision and are passionate about what they do.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN A WEEK? :
Under the supervision of the project director, the project coordinator assists the project manager in managing a construction project by coordinating the activities relating to the project.
- Coordinate, with the project manager, the mobilization of the work team;
- Coordinate project delivery in collaboration with the superintendent.
- Collaborate in drawing up control schedule and to its follow-up according to work completion;
- Analyze the quotations received and obtain other quotations—if necessary—in order to ensure having the best prices on the market;
- Negotiate and issue purchase orders for materials used on construction sites;
- Follow up on notices of change—estimation, negotiation, bid to client, issuance of contract modifications, delivery planning, and shop drawings;
- Solve various technical problems and keep in touch as required with the various people involved;
- Take part actively in construction site meetings;
- Perform various occasional mandates at the project manager’s request.
DO YOU HAVE THESE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS? :
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or construction engineering;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- 1 to 3 years’ relevant experience;
- French-English bilingualism, both spoken and written;
- Ability to exercise initiative and leadership;
- High level of geographic mobility.
WHY JOIN POMERLEAU'S TEAM? :
• Competitive salary
• 4 weeks’ vacation
• Group insurance (health spending account)
• Group RRSP
• Monthly public transit pass paid by employer
• Fitness center membership: 50% reimbursed by employer
• Employee assistance program
• Ongoing training offered throughout the year
• Young, dynamic environment
• Excellent career opportunities
At Pomerleau, we focus on results-oriented, passionate and rigorous people who participate in ambitious and complex projects. You have the profile we are looking for? Apply now to be part of our team.
Only retained candidates will be contacted. We may consider your CV for other positions.
Pomerleau is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive working environment where all employees are treated fairly.