Pomerleau is recognized as one of Eastern Canada’s leaders in the construction industry, in the institutional, commercial, industrial and civil engineering sectors. Clients benefit from our expertise as general contractor, construction manager, project manager and design-builder.
Pomerleau believes in delivering excellence. Every Pomerleau employee upholds this value, leading to the achievement of superior results in every sector where we do business. Pomerleau: proud individuals who share a vision and are passionate about what they do.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN A WEEK? :
*THIS ROLE IS OPEN FOR FUTURE PROJECTS IN 2017*
Under the supervision of the project director or of the vice-president, the senior project manager for civil works ensures the overall supervision and coordination of all the steps of the various construction projects, namely collaboration with subcontractors, close relationship with the client, and monitoring costs and schedules.
• Coordinate the work in collaboration with the superintendent—schedule, manpower and equipment requirements, etc.;
• Manage changes and instructions;
• Manage plans, specs, and addenda. Manage calls for bids and related contracts—can change from one project form to another
• Prepare all the documents to launch calls for bids;
• Draw up a detailed schedule—dates, main construction steps, constraints, work method;
• Split lots;
• Launch and manage calls for bids;
• Finalize plans and specs;
• Analyze and negotiate bids;
• Prepare recommendations as well as contract awards and then obtain client’s approval;
• Award contracts;
• Set up and conduct initial meetings with major subcontractors on the project.
• Establish work methods in collaboration with the superintendent;
• Draw up list of activities in order to enable preparing the prevention program;
• Establish a list of items for cost follow-up and project accounting;
• Issue purchase orders for construction site materials at construction site;
• Settle disputes in collaboration with the superintendent;
• Perform breakdown and invoicing;
• Organize and conduct construction site meetings as required;
• Supervise site wrap-up manual preparation with administrative assistant.
• Perform administrative follow-up—costs, contingencies, boards, claims, etc.;
• Confirm implemented technical follow-up—technical data sheets, inspections, etc.;
• Follow up on notices of change—estimation, bid to client, negotiation, issuance of orders and/or of contract.
DO YOU HAVE THESE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS? :
• Bachelor’s degree in architectue, civil engineering or in construction engineering;
• Member of the PEO or other professional association;
• 10 - 15 years’ relevant experience;
• 8-10 years in the GTA REQUIRED
• Strong skills in management, communication, negotiation, and problem solving;
• Ability to exercise initiative and leadership;
• Track record of delivering design-build projects successfully; BIM experience is an asset
Preference is given to candidates whose work history shows a record of low turn-over and high-value projects.
WHY JOIN POMERLEAU`S TEAM? :
• Competitive salary• 4 weeks’ vacation• Group insurance (health spending account)• Group RRSP• Monthly public transit pass paid by employer • Fitness center membership: 50% reimbursed by employer• Employee assistance program• Ongoing training offered throughout the year• Young, dynamic environment• Excellent career opportunities
At Pomerleau, we focus on results-oriented, passionate and rigorous people who participate in ambitious and complex projects. You have the profile we are looking for? Apply now to be part of our team.
Only retained candidates will be contacted. We may consider your CV for other positions.
Pomerleau is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive working environment where all employees are treated fairly.