CEO - Cibola General Hospital in Grants, NM
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Hospital facility is 13 years old with a major expansion in the planning stages. Service area = 30,000. ADC = 9 with 12 active physicians on staff. Fiscal year 2014 net revenues are budgeted at $29 million, with current days cash on hand = 349; A/R days = 40 (gross). Average length of stay = 3.1. Cibola General has a history of profitability. The hospital is a Critical Access Hospital. QHR has managed Cibola General for 32 years dating back to 1982. The following websites provide additional hospital and community insights: www.cibolahospital.com and www.grants.org.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
Grants is located in west central New Mexico on Interstate 40, at the foot of Mount Taylor, a 11,305 ft mountain approximately 75 miles west of Albuquerque. Grants is situated in the Cibola National Forest between the Zuni and San Mateo Mountains, in close proximity to the Continental Divide. It offers a dry climate with beautiful weather year round and abundance of outdoor activities, including excellent hunting opportunities with a lot of Deer and Elk.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for all day-to-day operations of the Hospital. This position is accountable for planning, organizing, and directing the hospital to ensure that quality patient care is provided and that the financial integrity of the hospital is maintained. The CEO ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as all policies and procedures set forth by the Governing Board and Medical Staff, and those required by Medicare Survey Standards.
The CEO is responsible for creating an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for their performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the hospital's performance.
Education and Experience
- MHA or MBA.
- 5 plus years progressive experience in hospital operations as hospital CEO or equivalent.
- Strong physician relations and understanding of physician practice management.
- Managed care experience, experience and knowledge in quality initiatives.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), employee assistance program, and much more.
- PLEASE NOTE: the CEO will be a QHR employee, not a hospital employee.
For your privacy and protection, when applying for a job online, it is advisable not to:
- Provide your social security number to a prospective employer,
- Provide credit card or bank account information or
- Perform any sort of monetary transaction.
To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.