Ref ID: 463142
Robert Half are working with a market leading, Biotech business based in the Cambridge who are recruiting for a Financial Accountant
This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse accounting role within the business providing high quality financial information. You will work closely with the Processing and Treasury teams and the Business Partners. The role includes assisting in month end processes, journals and substantiation of the balance sheet and there will be a particular focus on improving and developing finance systems for greater efficiency and accuracy.
Day to day duties will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting the Financial Reporting Supervisor in the production of appropriate accounting and cash records for the group operations.
- Assisting in the production of monthly accounts, including
- Review expenditure and adjusting for prepayments and accruals
- Production of SoFA and Balance Sheets for each of our entities.
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances across the group.
- Monthly revenue, payroll and debtor journals, including analysis of debtor ageing.
- Reconciliation and substantiation of the Balance Sheet on a monthly basis, including deferred revenue, accruals and prepayments.
- Assisting in the preparation of the statutory accounts and supporting audit workings.
- Assisting in production of other statutory submissions as required.
- Helping in the review, documentation and improvement of general ledger structures and accounting processes.
To be considered for the role of Financial Accountant based in Cambridge:
- As minimum, a part qualified ACA/ACCA accountant working towards the relevant final stage examinations.
- Demonstrate the ability to work within tight month-end deadlines and take responsibility for sections of the reporting timetable.
- A keen attention to detail, assuring the accuracy of team's outputs.
- A strong knowledge of UK GAAP or IAS,and some familiarity with the key charity reporting requirements as set out in the latest SORP.
- A working knowledge of VAT (compliance and accounting requirements) is desirable.
- Someone who is proactive and capable of engaging with external parties such as auditors and tax advisors.
- Confidence in using computerised accounting systems including ideally; Sun Accounts and Microsoft Office including Excel to pivot table level.
Salary & Benefits
Role of Financial Accountant in Cambridge is paying up to £40K + Benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.