Ref ID: 464971
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are seeking a Senior Financial Accountant for a leading Media agency based near Chelsea, London. The job has extremely good visibility at a senior level and is a great opportunity for someone looking to continue and develop their financial reporting skills and experience. The candidate must be strong in their understanding of Financial Reporting under IFRS and UK GAAP.
My client are a globally renowned Media agency. The team members are all high performing and committed and they expect this from any new hires. They all come from Big 5 Practice backgrounds which is why this is a preference for the role although not essential.
The Senior Financial Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
* Ensure the credibility of the monthly processes around Financial Accounting and reporting - this is extremely detailed orientated work which requires a conscientious and diligent approach to work and an ability to operate and navigate a complex matrix of international legal entities
* Ensure the monthly processes around financial accounting runs effectively and efficiently.
* Take responsibility for governance and processes relating to Financial Accounting and payments.
* Engage with key stakeholders and team members on an ongoing basis. This includes adequate and relevant monthly reporting of financial results.
* Ensure adequate and up to date procedure manual/ process documentation for all Financial Accounting processes.
* Provide value added financial analysis to various senior managers including presenting analysis to the Board of Directors and preparing Board reporting packs.
* Calculate, record and review financial information within the General Ledger in relation to key revenues, expenses and balance sheet accounts
* Regular review of the legal entity results to ensure all drivers of the income statement and balance sheet are understood and analysed
* Input into the monthly forecast process
* Ensuring that a sound control environment exists and implementing changes as required
* Balance sheet substantiation - responsibility for ensuring all accounts are fully reconciled/substantiated
* Liaise with auditors to ensure that the team's deadlines are met and requisite information provided
* Production or review of solo and consolidated statutory accounts together with appropriate working papers to a high degree of accuracy and timeliness
* Liaise with the Accountants in the other international legal entities in order to ensure that the accounting records are correct by reviewing journals, balance sheet substantiation and to maintain good working relationships
* Review and approve payments
The Senior Financial Accountant will have the following skills and experience:
* Strong background in technical Financial Accounting practises and methodology.
* You will have started your career as an Accountant in a Top 5 Accountancy Practice or Blue Chip corporate; where you specialised in Audit and Advisory work. You will be ACA or equivalent qualified.
* Proficient in International Financial Reporting Standards and UK GAAP
* You will understand the concept of Client Centricity' and understand that Finance needs to be a true partner with the business. You will be able to articulate and work through the following business questions of:
* what are we prepared to do?'
* what do we want to do?'
* how do we do it effectively?'
* You should have experience of a number of Financial Accounting methodologies and approaches and be happy work across the matrix; partnering with stakeholders in Finance and across the business generally. In your previous roles you will have demonstrated true partnership with the business.
- Experience of working with SAP is an advantage.
* A key success factor will be your analytical and technical financial skills, with the ability to diagnose and pragmatically recommend and apply appropriate solutions to resolve financial and business issues.
Competitive day rate - £275 - £325
Based - Chelsea, London
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.