POSITION : RN/LPN
SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
LOCATION: Jamaica Plain, MA
FLSA STATUS : Non-Exempt, Part Time
ABOUT ROGERSON COMMUNTIES: With over 150 years of experience, Rogerson Communities has grown to provide a network of innovative, accessible, affordable housing and services for elders, persons with disabilities, and the working poor in the Greater Boston area. This is an opportunity to join a team that pioneered Adult Day Health programs that support elderly and low-income men and women by enhancing dignity, self-reliance and vitality. Rogerson Communities is committed to providing the people it serves the highest quality of care and is looking for individuals who share this vision.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
At least one year direct service experience with the elderly or the chronically disabled. Licensed to practice in Massachusetts. Ability to assist with planning and leading health-related activities sensitive to the needs of elders of all socioeconomic backgrounds. Ability to work cooperatively as a multi-disciplinary team member.
Shifts: 5-10p.m. & 5-10pm, M-F and rotating weekends.
- Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; advanced degree in health services.
- 1-2 years experience with geriatric/dementia population.
- At least 2 years experience supervising CNAs or Home Health Aides.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstration of strong clinical and documentation assessment skills.
- Knowledge of community support services.
- Experience in Assisted Living and Day Program preferred.
- Develop, monitor, implement and evaluate the treatment and care plans for each participant.
- Participate in the ongoing monitoring of each participant's health status through direct contact with physicians and family.
- Carry out physician's orders for each participant, including vital signs, medications, blood sugar monitoring and treatments.
- Implement and supervise therapy treatments as recommended by physical, speech, and/or occupational therapist.
- Schedule participant's medical appointments as needed and obtain pertinent medical information.
- Assist in ensuring transportation i.e. P.T. 1 forms.
- Assist, monitor and instruct participants regarding personal hygiene, the use of special aids, accident prevention, ambulation and transferring skills.
- Maintain inventory of medications and medical supplies, monitor expiration dates, and order supplies as needed.
- Assist Nursing Director with medical record keeping.
- Carry out health teaching on an individual and group basis.
- In conjunction with Nursing Director, responsible for documentation of initial health assessment and care plans as well as monthly nursing notes and reassessment forms.
- Assist participants in any way needed with the Activities of Daily Living, i.e. toileting, changing clothes, and cleaning up because of incontinence, eating,; as is necessary or assigned by supervisor.
Standing: 34% to 66% of the time
Walking: 34% to 66% of the time
Balancing: 34% to 66% of the time
Stooping: 34% to 66% of the time.
Kneeling: 34% to 66% of the time.
Crouching: 34% to 66% of the time.
Reaching/working overhead: 34% to 66% of the time
Climbing: 34% to 66% of the time
Pushing: 34% to 66% of the time
Pulling: 34% to 66% of the time
Lifting/carrying: 34% to 66% of the time
Interested applicants can send resume, cover letter and salary requirements by one of the following options:
E-mail: careersrogerson.org (Please indicate job title in subject of e-mail)
Fax: 617-469-5861 c/o HR Department
Mail: HR Department- Rogerson Communities
1 Florence Street Boston, MA 02131
Rogerson Communities provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Rogerson Communities offers a comfortable working environment along with competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, retirement, paid time off and other benefits.