• As per the description, we place heavy emphasis on the candidates ability to learn, adapt and work with minimal direct supervision.
• Actual hands-on experience with something like RDF or Scala is less important than demonstrated willingness and ability to learn. Strong proficiency in Java and ui side programming is a necessity.
o I expect the candidates to have done at least a few hours research on their own and be able to have an intelligent conversation about these concepts the first time I speak with them.
o However, at least 7 years of heavy, hands-on, software development in a 3rd-gen language (Scala, C++, Java, Python, C#, etc.) is a requirement.
• We also require the candidates to be capable of basic data analysis and requirements gathering. They should come prepared to learn not just the technology but our business processes and our data as well.
• The candidate needs to be able to accept responsibility and think beyond his/her work and look to improve the process, architecture and build risks and controls for the platform
We are building a new strategic client onboarding platform for global markets. The workflow platform’s initial rollouts have been extremely successful and we are looking to expand and extend. We need top-tier engineers who have a strong and successful track record of solving hard problems and out of the box thinking. We work in a dynamic environment and expect new joiners to be flexible, self-sufficient and learn our business, our data and our technology stack with minimal supervision. They will lead the push for horizontally scalable, high performance applications.
- 7+ years of Java, Python (or similar) programming
- Basic knowledge in unix, databases is a must
- Basic proficiency in client side ui programming is a must
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills and enjoys a collaborative environment
- Flexible, self-starter, fast-learner – willing and able to quickly learn new technologies and skills
- Experience with distributed computing is a plus. Familiarity with Zookeeper is a plus
- Experience with search technologies is a plus. Familiarity with Lucene/ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience with enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment is a plus