The DNS/DHCP Network Engineer is primarily focused on the proper design and implementation of the global DNS / DHCP / IP Address Management (IP v4 & IP v6) framework for the firm. This individual will be responsible for delivering high level and low designs for DNS, DHCP, NTP, PTP, and technologies. They will contribute to and adhere to the design standards within this space, while closely working and collaborating with peer Networks and Systems Engineering and Operations teams. They will be expected to drive delivery of engineering solutions, support project delivery, and act as a subject matter expert within these areas for technology.
Key Responsibilities & Professional Competencies
• Deliver high level and low level design of DNS, DHCP, and Time Services
• Drive delivery of DDI solutions, including project and implementation support
• Provide DDI consulting services to peer Engineering, Operations, and Systems teams
• Work with external vendors to manage network capacity within the infrastructure. Proactively work with internal partners to determine growth requirements and ensure proper capacity is seeded to meet that demand.
Professional Competencies (Must Haves)
• 10+ years of deep technical experience working on IPAM environments
• BS or BA in engineering or computer science, or equivalent experience
• Thorough understanding of DHCP, DNS, IP Addressing and Time Services
• High degree of experience in the day to day configuration and Sr. level troubleshooting of IPAM DHCP, DNS, and DDNS
• Experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting VitalQIP suite of products in a large distributed environment
• IPAM knowledge of:
o Thorough understanding of VitalQIP
o Creating & modifying DNS zone files manually (forward and reverse zones)
o DNS Anycast
• Time Services knowledge of:
• Work collaboratively with other teams such as LAN, WAN, firewall, Active Directory, Hosting etc.
• Integration of DNS and DHCP in Active Directory environment
• Knowledge of F5 3DNS and GTM a plus
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills