Business Analyst Legal Technologies
The Business Analyst role is responsible for a full range of activities, which ensure the operational effectiveness, and excellence of the group and various technologies used by the Legal Administrative Technologies and E-Discovery functions at the Bank. They will design and/or document process & system workflows and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness & efficiency. This person will be the functional expert on specified application(s). He/she will work as the liaison between Legal Technology team and the Legal line of business for assigned projects
- Works closely with the operations managers, subject matter experts, project, support, and technology groups.
- Assists with technology requirements gathering, design, implementation, management, and support of various technology components, with primary focus on analytics and testing.
- Ensures that all items follow the change management process and are entered and tracked appropriately.
- Responsible for ensuring that all documentation accurately reflects the current status of the application, including changes and outstanding issues so that business requirements reflect application features and functions. Performs specific application quality assurance including the tracking of bug reports and change requests and ensuring their timely resolution.
- Ensures that all tests are conducted and documented according to the standards agreed upon by the department.
- Develops a variety of ad-hoc reports to aid in business analysis and cleanup of data.
- Provides the appropriate level of quality by the resolution of important defects; and working with the developers, other analysts, and manager to ensure the software development process has an appropriate level of testing and documentation.
- Analyzes discrepancies in service or performance and makes recommendations for updates. Provides signoff feedback to the developer(s) to identify code as production ready.
- Ensures continuing operational quality by documenting bug fixes and enhancements, testing and releasing updates.
- Provides training on applications as required for new members of the legal technology team.
- Produces high quality documentation related to the application/s supported, including infrastructure, logic, and cause/effect diagrams.
- Fosters communication amongst several groups, including technology, operations, and support/testing teams
- Microsoft SQL experience
- Experience with Mitratech TeamConnect, LexisNexis CounselLink or other legal matter management applications a plus.
- Experience with SAP Business Objects a plus
- Experience with OpenText eDocs