Responsible for projects limited in scope to LOB products, processes or functions although some may have cross-functional or inter-departmental implications. Demonstrates an understanding of customer’s tactical goals and effectively participates in the development and implementation of business solutions. Serves as primary contact to senior managers for critical change initiatives. Responsible for analyzing present-state, developing alternative future-state approaches and facilitating implementation. Responsible for clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities for key project roles. Assesses the adoption risk associated with the change effort. Manages project risk through comprehensive mitigation assessment and planning techniques. Communicate risks and rewards associated with decisions and actions to stakeholders in business-oriented terms and ensure all controls are in place to sustain risk mitigation. Identifies, develops and executes strategies and supporting tactics to engage and influence all stakeholders to make needed behavioral changes. Creates a clear, coherent approach to guide effective program/initiative setup, execution and control. Leads the Adoption & Sustainment of Change. Actively manages the work efforts of multiple functional resources through the project plan. Establishes basic scope control procedures. Develops documentation; monitors and reports project status; assesses the effectiveness and accuracy of documentation. Initiates and maintains reporting relationships with project stakeholders including team members, peers, managers, customers, vendors, and other affected departments to coordinate efforts across multiple business units and ensure continuous efficient management of projects; gathers input and feedback. Analyzes and reports project status and research information; monitors project performance to maintain the quality of services, deliverables, and content. Effectively assists in directing both internal and external resources to achieve business solutions within project guidelines. Responds to operational issues and RFI’s within defined areas of responsibility while progressing on project work. Collaborates and communicates with other project managers and leaders to coordinate cross-project initiatives and activities. Identify and eliminate obstacles to solution plans, business goals or implementation. Assists in the development and implementation of contingency plans. Assists in the development of project budgets in compliance with the company’s financial practices. This role may manage a team of resources and budget. Excellent project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines. 4 year degree. 7 years plus experience in project management, PMP certification preferred.
1) Financial acumen and complex budget management skills are a must
2) MS Project, Excel, Word skills a must
3) Organized yet able to ‘connect the dots’ and have sound judgment
4) Ability to create and manage a detailed project plan
5) Ability to work independently and identify and know when to escalate risks
6) Ability to, verbally and in writing, summarize a complex project status or issue/risk and communicate to executive management with thoughtful alternatives, tradeoffs, and recommendation. Ability to “frame up” a challenging situation for management.
7) Ability to work with diverse and challenging business partners in all time zones; ability to ‘read’ the audience and respond professionally.
8) Ability to hold self and others accountable for assigned tasks and issues while maintaining a teamwork and professional environment
9) Ability to follow through on administrative tasks, such as meeting minutes, project status, issues lists, etc. Keeping up with all project documentation on a timely basis and storing it in appropriate folders.
10) Adaptable to change