Location: Simi Valley, CA; Addison, TX; Charlotte, NC; Please submit at proper rate card per city, and list sits in location at top of resume.
Position utilizes knowledge of information security tools and their output data to evaluate operations workflow and identify opportunities for automation and enhancement. Assists with integrating data from various systems of record, network devices and network security platforms to provide enhanced security posture and provide better utilization of resources. Position will analyze, design and develop scripts and programs as needed.
Receives, investigates, evaluates, and actions cyber security issues. Provides personalized engagement support to impacted entities within the larger response effort. Prepares detailed case synopsis recording all operational activities. Manages ISP/Host portfolios to build and maintain positive working relationships, enhancing operational response times. TRS are encouraged to maintain proficiency in foreign languages as well as staying current on current information security remediation techniques. TRS associates may also provide response services to GIS/Incident Management as needed. Additionally, there’s a significant on-call requirement for this position enabling response to after-hours active cyber threats.
Top 3 Skills Required:
• A broad knowledge of computer networking, log analysis and information security principles
• Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking.
• Strong Python scripting skills.
• Strong usage of Splunk to create queries, alerts and dashboards.
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to work independently with little oversight