Senior Business Systems Analyst
Provides functional and technical direction and project management support for solutions in the Customer Operations organization. Solutions could be in the form of business process or technology enhancements. Under the leadership of a Project Manager or Lead, the Senior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for driving business and systems analysis, specifications, lead test activities along with providing implementation support. This role will partner with supervisors, project managers, managers, IT developers, and business client groups.
• Facilitates requirement gathering meetings and workshops. Accurately translates business requirements to functional specifications.
• Develop test plans and executes test scenarios to satisfy user acceptance criteria. These activities include development, documentation and execution of test plans, test scenarios, and lead system and regression testing phases.
• Under the leadership of a Project Manager or Lead, coordinates various activities leading to the successful completion system enhancement and projects, including: scoping of project, cost/benefit analysis, coordination with IT, consultants, and business clients, estimating project resources, cost estimates, assist in design, test planning and execution, user acceptance, implementation and storm support.
• Helps business partners communicate solution value to stakeholders.
• Effectively engages project stakeholders in the estimation process.
• Engages key knowledge workers and business sponsors in change management activities.
• Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills and able to frame business problems and their respective root causes.
• Must have excellent written and oral communications skills with ability to develop computer solutions in both documented and written form. This includes translating technical solutions to non-technical audiences, as well as, non-technical requirements to technical support groups.
• Must have thorough understanding of IT project lifecycle methodologies, with emphases in Requirements and Test phases.
• Must have strong customer focus with excellent teamwork skills and committed to meeting deliverable/schedule deadlines.
• Must have experience using common requirement gathering techniques a must (swim lane diagrams, use case diagrams, user stories, state diagrams) to model a business processes, relevant data, KPI metrics and performance drivers.
• Additional desirable competencies include strong understanding of software applications, information systems and data structures; and experience leveraging software applications and systems to improve customer service and business processes.
• Ability to identify and address short and long-term issues and risks
• Ability to support multiple large to smaller-scale projects
• Must be a self-starter and possess strong initiative to support leads and project managers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Management, or equivalent
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or other applicable Business Analyst
certifications highly desirable
• Minimum 5+ years as a business systems analyst or significant technical experience.
• Operational experience a plus.
• Proficiency in MS Office Products such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and
• Knowledge of Customer Information Systems (CIS), Business Objects, SAS, SQL, My Accounts,
IVR, HP Quality Center, and Exporter/Mainframe ja plus