Global software Solutions Company based in Austin Texas, seeks a Devops Engineer.
Our ideal candidate will possess skills in many areas that include SQL and Database, strong UNIX/Linux and Windows and some exposure to Java , C++ or C# . As a Devops Engineer you will be involved with various areas including: infrastructure, automation, and security architecture coupled with the ability to work closely with delivery, manage client relationships, and act as a leader within the practice.
This company has been in business for over 20 years and has established itself in several industries as a leader in providing innovative solutions and advanced technology. This role will provide you with an opportunity to apply your technical creativity and talents daily. The firm has been recognized as one of the fastest growing tech companies in the country. Along with top caliber employees the firm also offers its clients a comprehensive software development process that has proven the test of time. Always advancing new technology and providing innovative software solutions, this company is a great place to expand your talents and career.
- Automate management and monitoring of Vertica, MongoDB, Postgres and SQL Server databases.
- Build and maintain automated applications to monitor various applications, databases and systems.
- Build and maintain automated systems to alert on various error conditions within the platform.
- Automation, monitoring and management of common database administration tasks.
- Proactively review and optimize database operations.
- Work with the development team to implement schema changes to optimize query performance
- Work with external Vendors, including HP Vertica, and the internal teams to optimize the applications and processes.
- Work with HP Vertica, engineering, and client teams to diagnose and correct problems with the DBMS or related components.
Skills required for the Devops Engineer:
- Networking fundamentals (TCP, DNS, SSH, SSL), UNIX/Linux commands, and automation and scaling w/ Chef and/or Puppet.
- SQL / T-SQL Expert, including an understanding of query optimization and schema design for a column oriented, clustered, shared nothing database architecture.
- Extensive RDBMS Experience, including with Vertica and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Development experience including Java and C#.
- Strong Unix / Linux Skills including basic shell scripting.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced constantly changing environment.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server in a high availability environment. (AlwaysOn, Mirroring, Replication)
- Comfortable in both UNIX and Windows environments
- Experience with big data and shared nothing, column oriented database systems such as Vertica.
- Experience working in a mixed environment including both colo and cloud components.
- Experience running an RDBMS in a cloud environment.
- Experience with Ansible deployment and experience with Jenkins for Continuous Integration