San Diego healthcare company is looking to hire a Medical AR/Billing/Collections Clerk. Main duties to include the following:
- Responsible for all company related billing and collecting.
- Knowledge of company policies/procedures and the Brightree computer system.
- Assists internal staff, referral sources and patients with billing issues.
- Consistently meets department expectations and KPI's regarding all Billing.
- Maintains a positive attitude and continually works toward process improvements while building and maintaining positive working relationships between other departments and outside customers.
- Reviews and corrects electronic claim submission rejections.
- Must be familiar with Medicare, Medical, HMO, PPO.
- Prints and mails out paper claims on a daily basis.
- Ensures all related price quotes given to patients are appropriate and meet current company pricing policy.
- Any other project assigned, including batching and scanning EOB's (explanation of benefits) for patients.
- Responsible for keeping all patient details and information orderly, confidential, current and HIPAA compliant at all times
- Must be knowledgeable in Patient Rights and Responsibilities.
Ideal candidate will have an Associates Degree or Certificate in Medical Billing and 2-3 years experience in a similar role. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.