Large Steel company in Nashville is needing a Mig/Flux Core welders with experience on Structural steel. Must have 3+ years Flux Core welding experience. Great starting pay and advance after probation. Please send resume to be considered.
Major roles and responsibilities include but not limited to:
Assemble and install structures steel or conveyors, and chutes.
Follow blueprints and use hand tools
Attach rigging, signal crane operator to lift part to specified position
May need to assist in other maintenance functions as needed.
Structural welding background required
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Uses metal core, mig, or fluxcore welding processes
- Performs quality visual, UT, and x-ray welds on code materials
- Performs all fillet and groove welds in the flat, vertical, horizontal, and overhead positions
- May position pieces to be welded into jigs and holding fixtures; guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools
- Proficient in the use of flame and plasma cutting torches, grinders, and hand tools
- Exercises safe work practices and adheres to all safety processes and procedures in the fabrication process
- Must be able to perform gouging and rework.
- Maintains neat and orderly work station
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills or Tools:
- Must pass a 6G Pipe Welding Test using a Super Coupon with at least two weld processes as determined by the hiring manager.
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of blueprint reading, symbols, and welding terminology
- Minimum of one year of related experience and/or training
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand basic English
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to perform repetitive movements
• Ability to work overhead
• Ability to use hands to grasp
• Ability to reach with arms
• Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist
• Ability to sit, climb and balance.
• Ability to work up to 12 hour shift in all weather and temperature extremes.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds.
• Vision adequate to perform all required tasks.
• Ability to move in and around confined and cluttered places and uneven areas. Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with age.
• Ability to work over 5 feet above the ground; must not have fear of heights.
We are looking to fill various open positions for skilled Welders with experience in Mig welding Steel and Aluminum. We also have open positions for skilled Tig welders with Aluminum and Stainless Steel. These positions will be full time with overtime on occasions. Please send resume to be considered.