Product Manager - Herbicides/Pesticides
King of Prussia, PA
UPL Limited (UPL) is a global leader in food security strategies and has an exciting opportunity with its subsidiary, United Phosphorus, Inc., (UPI) located .
For more than thirty years, United Phosphorus, Inc. (UPI) has been a premier supplier of crop protection products and plant technologies designed for the agricultural, professional, and aquatics markets in North America.
UPI is currently seeking a Product Manager for the U.S. This individual is responsible for driving product strategy within a select portfolio for the U.S. and Canada, under the direction of the Marketing Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Develop and monitor 3-year product strategy plans and the annual marketing plan; define strategies, tactics, required resources, and quantification of results.
- Life Cycle Management: manage and set priorities, product positioning, formulation and packaging, timelines and action items.
- Identify new opportunities for growth and work closely with the Director of Business Development to seek out opportunities to strengthen portfolio as well as assist with evaluation of development projects and new product additions.
- Develop and define pricing and positioning for branded and post-patent products; develop strategy for portfolio launch in GMO crop markets.
- Work with Marketing Services Manager and 3rd Party vendors to develop and execute communication plans that effectively communicate brand positioning and competitive advantages.
- Manage interface between Marketing and Sales for products in assigned portfolio; requires participation in Sales Team meetings and training, collaborating in support relationships with distribution customers, supporting Sales activities.
- Develop monthly forecasting projections in conjunction with sales input.
The general environment is a business office with time spent in a chemical manufacturing or farming environment. This position will spend the majority of the workday in the field with sales representatives and customers.
If you are a driven individual with a desire lead, this may be the right opportunity for you!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Are you the right fit?
You need a Bachelors degree in Marketing or an Agricultural field from an accredited institution, and 7 to 10 years of experience in Marketing/Marketing Management in the Agricultural industry. Computer skills with expertise in Excel and other MS Office programs is also required.
You must at least 5 years experience working in the Agriculture market as a product manager.
You must demonstrate an understanding of the Marketing function, as well as the product development process, with solid understanding of crops, crop cycles, and pest management practices. Experience in seeds, seed traits, and the GMO market is a plus, but is not required.
Competencies that you must exhibit are as follows:
Customer Focus Resourcefulness Drive Results Collaboration Resiliency
Trustfulness Team Building Quality Decision Making
Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of internal and external business partners is a must.
Lastly, this position requires a little travel -- about 30% of your time will be spent in the field with your team members and customers, so you'll need to be able to travel via car, plane, or other modes of transportation. And, although this position is based in the U.S., you may also be asked to travel internationally, maybe once a year. All this means that you must have a good driving record, hold a valid U.S. driver's license, and be insurable by the Company.
We will provide you with the equipment to get you through your workday, plus we offer paid holidays, paid vacation, a 401(k), and great health and welfare benefits! This position is located in our Corporate offices in King of Prussia, PA.